Thursday, September 27, 2007

Vote NO for Naomi Carney

Here is Ms. Carney's write up in the Standard Times. She is quoted as saying "Yes, we have problems in this city. I want to say, 'How can I help?'".

Ah, Ms. Carney, I have a suggestion. Try returning your constituents phone calls. I do believe that would be a good first step, see we are the ones you serve and we are the ones who vote you OUT of office when you ignore us.

I'm sure you are all wondering why I am having this little, uh, umm, tirade? Well, I called Ms. Carney during her one term in office and she couldn't be bothered to call me back. Never, ever returned the phone call. I waited on the edge of my seat for days for her phone call. It never came. Good thing I didn't hold my breath.

While deciding not to vote for someone on a one-time ignored phone call may seem petty to some people, I contend it is one of the best reasons NOT to vote for someone. See, I do not particularly care for Brian Gomes or his political views, but he will get my vote time and time again. WHY? because I know he returns all his phone calls, he listens to the people of the City, even if he disagrees with them, and often he gets things done. He makes himself available for the people. He encourages dialogue. I can respect that.

I simply cannot respect a candidate who closes down communication. For this City to move forward it is imperative that all parties communicate and listen to the people of the City, who are a wealth of ideas and energy.

Sorry, Ms. Carney, you will not be getting my vote.

- SouthCoast Blogger

No comments: